As Winter Storm Jonas wreaks havoc across a thousand mile swath of the eastern US, many of us are well prepared with activities to fill our Snow Day. In the event that you are not or just need a couple new ideas, here’s our list of suggested Snow Day activities.
- Watch all three original Star Wars movies. This is especially rewarding if you’ve not yet seen The Force Awakens but will be doing so soon. Be forewarned: you shouldn’t attempt more than two of the films back-to-back without a break, that much Force can be overwhelming for any mortal.
- Relive memories with baby boomers of the Blizzard of ’78. Folks in our parents’ generation love talking about this storm, especially when it starts to pile up.
- Netflix and binge. A la carte television is the way of the future and when better than a snow day to crush a whole season of a new show. I’ve recently finished the first seasons of the two Marvel series Daredevil and Jessica Jones, and I highly recommend each.
- Build a snowfort!https://www.instagram.com/p/BA5PkItuNSj/
- Snowman more your style? Check out these awesome snowpeople as inspiration:
- Spike that hot chocolate with one of the following for a treat to warm you inside to out: peppermint schnapps, vanilla-flavored vodka, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlua, or Bourbon.
- Now that you have that hot chocolate, here’s a few more movie suggestions:
Die Hard (any of 1, 2, 3 is acceptable), The Fifth Element, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (but not Dark Knight Rises, fuck that), So I Married an Axe Murderer, The Watchmen, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Killer Clowns from Outer Space, Rufus Zooted, Fargo, Alive, Ice Age,
The Ice Storm, Cool Runnings
- Sledding and alcoholic beverages (purely for warmth), need I say more?